Sunday 17 October 2010

Chapter Four

Recap- In all that had happened, I hadn't realized how much time had gone by..


A note from the Author...

AHHHHH!! If you're reading this, I humbly thank ye for not giving up on me after, uh, nearly four months. Heh.......sorry! WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, here's
Chapter Four;

Cindy started freaking out first. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ARIEL OCEANUS MIST!!" She shrieked. I flinched. I was almost never called by my middle name. Last time I heard it when I was 2, I had thrown a tantrum and demanded my mother to never call me it again. She begrudgingly accepted.

"Put a cork in it, Cindy..Haven't ye yelled at me enough today?" I shifted. Ralph stood awkwardly to one side, unsure what to do. Then it hit me.

"Ralph! Where do you live? You can't just be wandering in the creek! Only an idiot would come unprepared into here!"

"...Ariel, you do realize you just called yourself an idiot." Cindy interrupted.

"AND I'm proud of it." I grinned. She cracked a half smile. "Uhh.." Ralph put in. "My house is only a little ways from here.. My parents built it years ago, they decided they wanted a break from city life but didn't want to move too far."

"Let's go then :)" Cindy batted her eyelashes, her voice dripping honey.

An hour later...


"This is not a little ways!" I grunted. Ralph turned, looking apologetic.

"Sorry. I must've wandered further than I thought."

"It's okay! I don't mind at all!" Cindy chimed. I glared at her. And then I saw it.. It was a stone cabin, looking cozy and royal at the same time. Entranced, I ran ahead.

"Ooof!" Somehow, my klutzy self had managed to run headlong into the wooden door. It pushed open, and I tumbled onto a soft object.

"Thanks for breaking my fall." I muttered. As if whatever it was could hear. I got up and dusted myself off.

"You're welcome?" a disgruntled voice from behind answered. I turned.

"Ralph? How'd you get in here so fast?"

"Why does everyone think I'm Ralph?! I dyed my hair for a reason!"

"Did your voice get deeper, Ralph?" I asked. This dude looked exactly the same, same nose, lips, ears.. Wait. "Your eyes are hazel! Ralph's are dark brown. Plus, your hair is all light brown and mo-hawkey."

"Nooo." Ralph's doppelganger laughed. Then, Cindy and Ralph finally walked in.

"OMG! THERE'S TWO OF YOU!" Cindy squealed to Ralph. Then she looked closer.

"..Nevermind. I prefer brown eyes anyway." She smiled at Ralph. To my surprise he blushed and looked away.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, Rej." Ralph said sternly.

"But first, meet Cindy and Ariel. Cindy, Ariel, Reggie..my twin. Reggie, meet Cindy and Ariel. Now, tell me, Reggie- Did you or did you not put itching powder in Mother Goose's nest again? She thought I was you and chased me for miles!" Reggie smirked.

"She's the one who started it.." Ralph rolled his eyes.

"Who's Mother Goose?" I asked.

"You don't know!?" Reggie asked, looking shocked. "She's collected tons of fairy tales!" My brow crinkled.

"I know that, but you guys were talking about her like she was alive or something. That's impossible!"

"No it's not." Reggie and Ralph answered simultaneously.

Endnendndnddn...To be continued XD

~Artic

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, it's like they live in a fairy tale world where the people from the stories live. So Ariel is Ariel from the story, but she doesn't know it?
    Glad you've finally updated! :D
    ~Ali-chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers! I love modifying classics..I have like three more ideas for stories that include basic fairytale storylines XPP
    I'm glad too! Hope Chap. 5 comes sooners! ^.^
    ~Artic

    PS. I used to have 115 views i think and now that i've updated i have 123. Boo-yahhh! ;D

    ReplyDelete